Saturday, January 5, 2008

praline cookies


Okay...I really can't take credit for these cookies because I got them off Martha Stewart, however my mom and I made them right before Christmas and they are amazing! Really...try them....you'll see. Love them.
Ingredients:
Makes 3 dozen

1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups light-brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more if necessary
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1 cup pecan halves, toasted (I didn't toast) and broken into large pieces

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. I
n the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups light-brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla. Beat until fully combined.
Add dry ingredients, and beat on low speed until combined.
Drop batter in rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Bake until firm and barely golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies from pan to wire rack.

Icing:
In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 cup light-brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add confectioners' sugar, and whisk until smooth. (If frosting thickens, thin with cream.) Add pecan pieces.
Place cookies on a cooling rack over a lined baking pan. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon praline mixture onto each cookie.

1 comment:

Hayward Family said...

Hey Lindy.. I couldn't figure out how else to comment you back, so I clicked on this page from your profile.. My email address is collin_loni@yahoo.com, please add our email address to your blog so that we can view it! I would love to keep in touch, I don't know many cousins of Collins!! Take Care! ~Loni